As a homeowner, you want to make the most of your garden and outdoor area. However, occasionally your neighbours could serve as a distraction, particularly if their garden is untidy or disorganised. Screening off your neighbours' garden might be the answer you're searching for if you want to create a more private outdoor area. We'll give you a step-by-step tutorial in this post on how to successfully screen off your neighbours' gardens.
Choosing the Right Screening Material
The proper material for your garden screen should be chosen as the first step in separating your garden from that of your neighbours. Aluminium, wood, bamboo, and plastic are just a few of the materials available. The material you pick will rely on your personal preferences, your budget, and the design of your garden. Each material has advantages and disadvantages.
- Aluminium: Aluminium is a fantastic material to use for fencing off your neighbours' gardens since it is strong, low-maintenance, and weatherproof. This material comes in a variety of colours and finishes to fit your current garden décor, making it ideal for giving your garden a sleek, modern appearance.
- Wood: Wood has a warm, natural aesthetic and is a traditional material for garden screening. There are several varieties of wood available, including cedar, redwood, and pine. Wooden screens are not as durable as those made of other materials, and they need to be maintained frequently.
- Bamboo: Bamboo is a fantastic and ecological solution in place of wood. There are several different sizes of bamboo screens that are ideal for giving your garden a tropical or exotic feel. Although less enduring than aluminium or plastic, bamboo screens can be pricey.
- Plastic: Plastic may be used to screen off your neighbours' gardens at a reasonable cost. Plastic screens are resilient to the elements and simple to install. Plastic screens are less aesthetically pleasing and less aesthetically lasting than screens made of aluminium or wood.
Measuring Your Garden
The next step is to measure your garden after deciding on the material for your garden screen. It's crucial to precisely measure your garden so that your garden screen fits properly and so that you can determine how much material you'll need.
You should take into account the desired screen area's height, breadth, and length while measuring your garden. Any obstructions, such as trees, bushes, or outdoor furniture that might impact how your garden screen is installed should also be measured.
Installing Your Garden Screen
It's time to install your garden screen now that you've measured the space and selected the ideal material. You have the option of installing a garden screen yourself or having a specialist do it for you.
If you choose to install your garden screen yourself, take into account the following procedures:
- Pick the ideal spot for your garden screen. You should pick a spot that won't disrupt the traffic flow in your garden and is not overly conspicuous.
- Remove any obstructions from the installation area, such as plants, bushes, or outdoor furniture.
- For your garden screen, install the poles. Installing the posts correctly means making sure they are level and at the proper height.
- Put the panels for your garden screen in place. The panels should be fastened to the posts using the bolts supplied. Inspect the panels to make sure they are level and that they are tightly affixed to one another.
- Assess stability, then make any required adjustments. A solid garden screen that won't blow over or shift in strong winds is something you should look for.
- Add a personal touch to your garden by dressing up the garden screen with plants, lights, or other ornaments.
Finally, take a backward step and admire your beautiful garden screen! You can unwind in the knowledge that you've improved the seclusion, aesthetics, and use of your outside space. Your garden screen will provide solace and inspiration whether you are relaxing, having fun with friends, or just admiring the beauty of nature.
In conclusion, garden screening is a fantastic method to improve the aesthetics, comfort and privacy of your outdoor environment. You can quickly identify the ideal solution for your garden thanks to the wide selection of materials and patterns available. You may design a serene and private garden sanctuary using natural wood, a sleek and contemporary aluminium panel, or a beautiful trellis screen. Particular advantages include durability, minimal maintenance, and adaptability when using metal garden screens made of aluminium.
Therefore, think about using aluminium metal garden screens if you want to hide your garden from your neighbours and turn it into a quiet retreat. These screens provide a useful and fashionable solution, whether you want to obstruct a view, lessen noise, or simply enjoy your garden in quiet. For help and direction or to identify the finest solutions for your garden, don't be afraid to contact a qualified garden screening specialist.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest news, tips, and promotions on garden screening and enhancing your outdoor space now.