A well-manicured garden not only enhances the appearance of your home but also creates a serene environment. But what happens when your garden is not quite the peaceful haven you want it to be due to prying eyes, traffic noise or unwanted visitors? This is where garden screening comes in. In this article, we'll take a look at the different options for screening your garden and how to choose the right one for your space.
Choosing the Right Garden Screening
Garden screening comes in many forms, from fence panels to wall screens, and each has its pros and cons. Here are some factors to consider when choosing garden screening for your space.
- Purpose: The first thing to consider is the purpose of your garden screening. Do you want to create privacy, reduce noise or block unsightly views? Different types of garden screening serve different purposes, so it's important to decide what you want to achieve.
- Material: Garden screening can be made from various materials, including wood, metal, and PVC. Each material has its own benefits and drawbacks. For example, wood is a natural, attractive option but may rot over time. On the other hand, metal garden screens are durable and long-lasting, but they can be more expensive.
- Style: Garden screening also comes in different styles, including solid panels, trellis screens, and decorative screens. Consider what style best fits your garden and home and what will complement your existing landscaping.
- Height: The height of your garden screening is also important to consider. If you're looking for privacy, you may choose a screening panel at least 6ft high. A shorter panel may suffice if you're just looking to block out a view.
Why Aluminium Garden Screens are the Best Option
When it comes to garden screening, aluminium panels are the clear winner. Here's why:
- Durability: Aluminium garden screens are built to last. Unlike wood, they won't rot or decay over time, making them a long-term investment for your garden.
- Maintenance-Free: Aluminium garden screens are virtually maintenance-free. Unlike wood, you won't have to worry about repainting or treating them to maintain their appearance.
- Weather-Resistant: Aluminium garden screens are weather-resistant, making them ideal for use in the UK. They won't be affected by rain, wind, or sun and won't fade over time.
- Stylish: Aluminium garden screens come in a variety of styles, from solid panels to decorative screens. They're also available in different colours, allowing you to choose a finish that best complements your garden.
- Low Cost: Despite their many advantages, aluminium garden screens are surprisingly affordable. They offer excellent value for money, especially when you consider the cost of maintaining traditional garden screening options like wood.
- Customizable: Aluminium garden screens can be easily customized to fit your specific needs. They can be cut to size, drilled for fixings, or even bent to create unique shapes.
- Lightweight: Aluminium garden screens are lightweight, making them easy to install and handle. They won't put too much stress on your garden's structure, which is important if you're installing them on a wall or fence.
- Recyclable: Aluminium garden screens are 100% recyclable, making them an environmentally-friendly option. You can recycle them when you no longer need them, helping reduce the environmental impact.
Installing Garden Screening
Installing garden screening is a relatively simple process and can be done by a DIY enthusiast or a professional. Here are the steps to follow:
- Measure the area: Measure the area you want to screen and determine the number of panels you need.
- Choose your panels: Choose the type of panels you want to use, making sure they're the right height and style for your needs.
- Prepare the area: Clear the area of any debris and level the ground, if necessary.
- Install the panels: Attach the panels to your fence or wall using screws or brackets, making sure they're level.
- Fix any gaps: Check for any gaps between the panels and fill them with silicone or other suitable filler to ensure complete privacy.
- Secure the panels: Ensure the panels are securely fastened to prevent them from falling or being damaged in strong winds.
- Add finishing touches: If desired, add finishing touches such as trim or edging to give the screening a professional look.
- Enjoy your new garden screening: Once the installation is complete, sit back and enjoy your new privacy screen. You can add plants or other decorative elements to enhance the look of your garden.
Note: Always follow the manufacturer's instructions when installing garden screening, as different products may have different requirements. If in doubt, seek the help of a professional.
Garden screening is a great way to add privacy and style to your outdoor space. With a variety of options available, it's important to choose the right type of garden screening for your needs and preferences. Aluminium garden screens are a popular choice due to their durability, low maintenance requirements, and weather-resistant properties. Installing garden screening is a straightforward process, but it's always best to follow the manufacturer's instructions and seek professional help if needed. With garden screening in place, you can create the peaceful, private garden you've always wanted.
"Take action now and create your private oasis - Choose the right type of garden screening for your needs and preferences today."